Egan’s Irish whiskey was founded in the 1800s by Patrick Egan. In 1835. His two sons established P. & H. Egan Limited which grew to be a respected business in Tullamore.
The business was family-run for four generations, until the Egan family voluntarily closed the business in 1968.
However, in 2013, the Egan family resurrected the brand. P&H Egan's Limited was reformed and their first expression was launched in 2014, Egan's 10 year old single malt. Though it was technically new to the market, Egan’s releases are seen as more of a rebirth of the historic family brand, still owned by direct descendants.